Channel letters are the metal and plastic letters you see on store signage. They’re used on public and commercial buildings and usually internally illuminated.
You can see them from miles away because of how they’re lit and the way they’re constructed to stand out.
Channel letters can be attached directly to the building or they can be mounted on a raceway or wireway. A raceway is a mounting structure that contains the sign’s electrical components i.e. the power supply. A wireway is a mounting structure, but it will only contain wiring. It’s thinner than a raceway. Face-lit channel letters can also be mounted with a bottom and top rail with metal arms to rest directly on the building surface.
Channel letters are an eye-catching choice for your signage.
PRODUCT FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Greater savings over the life of the sign, as LED requires 5-10 times less power, resulting in lower utilities bills and a reduced carbon footprint.
- Are almost maintenance-free and may last up to 5 years.
- A broader viewing angle which allows a larger area of the letter face to be brightly illuminated by a single module.
- Use of a lower voltage transformer, so ground fault protection is often not required with this type of power supply.
- Are more durable than neon and have no dangerous gas.
- Are brighter and can be seen from farther distances.
- Can be easily controlled by wireless modem and remote control.
- More environmentally friendly than neon so some cities and municipalities are more likely to issue a sign permit for LED.
Front lit channel letters use lights to illuminate the face of the letters. This is done with a translucent acrylic face and lights that shine from within the letter itself.
Front lit channel letters are the most common type of channel letter and they draw attention during the day or night. Most front lit channel letters are three-dimensional and made of sheet metal cut to create the letter shapel.
We use LED illumination for the lighting. Front lit channel letters can be seen from a distance and have several choices for customization.
These channel letters are illuminated from the front and the back to produce a dramatic appearance.